Category : Blog
Instagram is a great platform to flaunt your pictures. But like other platforms, it too have some regulations to be followed unless it shadowban your posts. Now the question arises what is Instagram Shadowban?
Well, a Shadowban is when Instagram silently buries your posts from being discovered through hashtags. It could be seen to your followers but not to anyone else. One would not be able to see your post through the explore tab. This would negatively impact the reach.
But, how to discover which post has been Shadowbanned? The answer is a tool which makes you identify if your post has been shadowbanned or not. This tool works on post by post basis as Instagram never shadowban an entire account.
After knowing the posts which has been shadowbanned, the next question which aroused in my mind is why does Instagram shadowban the posts and how to avoid it? Well, the answer to the former one is still not clear. There is no specific formula for shadowban. Instagram takes many things into account before shadowbanning a post. Also, it has never disclosed its algorithm and has kept evolving it. So, one can’t give an exact answer to it.
Coming along to the latter one, there are some practises following which you could exclude your post from being shadowban.
- Don’t use bot for the posts. Instagram strictly prohibit the use of robots or automated software.
- Avoid using banned hashtags. There is a list of around 114,000 hashtags which Instagram has banned. Stop using them.
- Don’t overflow the post with excessive use of hashtags.
- Avoid using same hashtags on every post.
- Don’t comment hashtags on your own posts.
- Avoid editing the caption for a day after posting.
- Don’t abuse Instagram’s daily usage limit. It could be different for different accounts but for a safe side limit yourselves to 150 likes, 50 comments and 60 follow/unfollow per hour.
I hope, you must have understood what Instagram Shadowban is and how you could avoid your post from shadowbanning. Just follow these simple principles and enjoy the most engaging platform for sharing pictures.